With a new season comes new opportunities to refresh your living space!
In this blog post, we’re sharing four helpful tips you can use to bring spring into your home this year.
If you’re thinking to yourself, how did dust get there? Yikes, look at the streaks on my windows! or simply, This house needs a deep-cleaning ASAP. You’re in good company. After a long winter, it’s easy for dust to build up and things to go unnoticed. Use the change in season to do some spring cleaning to freshen up your space. Here are four spring cleaning projects that’ll revive your home in no time.
Bookshelves, coffee tables, and end tables are all blank canvases that can be used to bring your design style to life. As the seasons change, so do your decorations. Take some time to reshuffle the items you currently have on display and incorporate a few new pieces that add brightness to your space. If you need some more inspiration, our blog post 4 Ways to Refresh Your Space with Home Accents is a great resource to reference.
Imagine this. It’s the start of a brand-new day. The birds are chirping, a slight breeze fills the air, there’s dew on the grass and the sun is giving off a beautiful glow. As you enjoy your first sips of coffee and the stillness of the morning, you adjust the louver on your custom wood shutters and allow the bright, warm sunlight to envelop your space.
Sounds wonderful right? Not only is natural light good for your health, but it can also make your rooms feel bigger, brighter, and more inviting. Natural light and spring go hand-in-hand and installing custom wood shutters in your home can help you make the most of the daylight and enjoy privacy when you need it.
Add Bright Colors
Those long winter months are the perfect time to get cozy and add warm textures and darker colors to your space. With spring here and summer on the way, it’s a great time to make some swaps. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Exchange your chunky knit throw blanket for a light-colored cotton blend.
- Add pops of white to your current color scheme. White adds a layer of freshness and brightness that’s synonymous with springtime.
- Update your artwork. Swapping out your artwork is an easy way to add color and new life to any room.
- Bring the outside in. Whether it’s luscious green house plants or displaying colorful flower arrangements in various rooms, incorporating plants in your space is a wonderful way to bring spring into your home.
- Mix in bright and bold stripes. This new trend can be applied to an accent wall, framed artwork, or even throw pillows.
Spring is in the Air
Floral-scented candles and diffusers with a neutral scent are excellent ways to add freshness to every room of your home. Pair these scents with the fresh air that pours into your home through open windows and you’re in for a treat!