Since 1986, Avalon Shutters has been committed to true American craftsmanship.
Avalon Shutters was founded in 1986 by Bob Marcynyszyn and Doug Serbin. As friends and master carpenters, they saw an opportunity to better serve customers with higher quality custom shutters and a better customer experience. Staying true to their principles helped Avalon Shutters become the largest custom shutter manufacturer on the West Coast.
Bob & Doug
The Avalon journey started in a two-car garage in Redlands, CA where Bob and Doug refined their vision and established their reputation for outstanding craftsmanship.
In 1989, Avalon moved its manufacturing to a 16,000 square foot building in San Bernadino. As part of the expansion, Avalon began milling our own wood components – only bringing a higher level of quality and control to our exceptional craftsmanship. By 2002, we expanded our operation to 88,000 square feet.
Throughout the years, Avalon has maintained the highest level of quality and has carved out a reputation for unmatched customer service, priding ourselves on continuously exceeding our customers' expectations.
Today, Avalon operates as the West Coast’s #1 Custom Shutter Manufacturer, serving all of the West Coast, including parts of California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Idaho. From our humble beginnings in a small two-car garage to our current 150,000 square foot building, Avalon maintains our core principles of exemplary quality and customer service.
A Commitment to The Environment
Avalon Shutters believes that being an environmentally responsible company is an indicator of our business success. As an industry leader we are committed to leveraging our influence with our vendors, associates and customers to continue to find new ways to maximize the use of our current resources and develop new ways to recycle.
Sustainably Sourced Wood
Avalon carefully selects the highest quality U.S. wood suppliers that are verified sustainable. This ensures that no matter how many custom wood shutters we manufacture for customers, we are supporting the increase of tree growth in U.S. forests.
Appalachian Hardwood Verified Sustainable assures consumers that lumber and products sourced from the region are growing 2.4 times the rate of harvest and mortality combined. This is based on US Forest Service Forest Inventory Analysis.
Avalon's Green Manufacturing
At our factory in Perris, CA, we are always seeking new ways to be environmentally conscious. By combining thoughtful practices along with the latest technology, we are minimizing our carbon footprint in Southern California and the planet.
- Our shutters are finished with the best water-based technology and the most environmentally friendly coatings available in today’s marketplace. This water-based technology virtually eliminates hazardous air pollutants without sacrificing the durability and performance of solvent based coatings.
- All sawdust, wood shavings and excess wood cut-offs are ground up and recycled. All metal is recycled, such as paint cans, stain cans and metal shipping straps.
- Painted wood shutters receive a Flame Spread of 0 and a Smoke Development Value of 0, which falls under the Class “A” Interior Wall & Ceiling Finish Category for the National Fire Protection Association Life Safety Code 101, Section 6-5.3.
- Avalon participates in the “Critical Peak Program” regulated by Edison Power. We will shift or reduce our energy consumption to help when demand for electricity is high. We utilize "on demand" lighting throughout our factory.
- The entire factory utilizes high efficiency bulbs for safety and efficiency.
- Both the factory dust collection and air compressor systems cycle on and off as needed. Blowers only run at speeds needed for the machines that are currently in operation. The systems are computer controlled to only come on when needed which saves on energy usage.