It’s the most wonderful time of the year and if you’re looking to switch things up when it comes to your decor, look no further.
In this blog post, we’re sharing five holiday-inspired ideas to turn your home into a winter wonderland.
Mix & Match
There’s no right or wrong way to decorate your home for the holiday season. It all comes down to what you like and the look you’re trying to accomplish.
Whether it’s a vintage tree skirt or putting some classic holiday mugs on display, mixing and matching traditional holiday decor with modern touches like a crisp, white theme or minimalist design is a way to make your decoration choices stand out.
Garland isn’t just for banisters, it’s a great addition to a variety of places throughout your home including:
- Bed frames – Draping garland across the back of a bed frame paired with fresh, plaid linens and festive throw pillows is a great way to give your bedroom the holiday treatment.
- Chandeliers – This is a finishing touch that will add an extra layer of cheer to your dining room.
- Fireplace mantle – Add some lights, ornaments, and holiday-printed ribbon to your garland for an extra festive touch.
- Doorways – Outline your doorways with lighted garland to create a cozy, inviting feel.
Don’t Forget the Kitchen
Oftentimes, an overlooked space in the house for holiday decorating is the kitchen. But, it doesn’t have to be that way this year.
Some simple, no fuss ideas to add holiday spirit to your kitchen include:
- Garland – Accentuate your windows, shelves, or cabinets with beautiful green garland to add warmth and dimension.
- Holiday floor mat – For 11 out of the 12 months of the year, the floor mat in your kitchen is meant to blend with the room and be unobtrusive. However, the month of December is the perfect time to bring color to your space with a festive and vibrant holiday-themed floor mat next to your sink.
- Kitchen towels – A pair of decorative kitchen towels placed on the front of your stove is a great way to add holiday flare to the space. You can either add a pop of red with a buffalo print, or if you have an open-concept floor plan, find a design or color scheme that blends with the decor in the other rooms closest to the kitchen.
- Ribbon – Tie a bow to the back of each kitchen chair to add a simple yet cheerful detail to your dining set.
Switch Up the Artwork
No matter if you choose classic holiday imagery or put a modern spin on your art for a sophisticated and understated look, swapping out your everyday artwork for festive, holiday-inspired pieces will take your decor to the next level and breathe new life into your home.
A wreath isn’t just for the front door and exterior windows. Beautiful wreaths can be hung throughout your house for a low-maintenance pop of color.
Here are some ideas of where to hang wreaths in your house:
- Interior windows (this is a great way to accentuate your custom wood shutters)
- Above the mantle
- Centered on a mirror in the entryway or other high-traffic areas in your home
- On a wall-mounted coat hook
As the holiday season is in full swing, use these tips as a guide to create a cozy and festive atmosphere that’s unique to you and your style.
Happy holidays from all of us at Avalon Shutters!