Fall is here and it’s a time of year that embraces earth tones, texture, and warmth.
If you want your home to evoke the vibe of this season, keep reading as we share four easy fall decor ideas you can add to yours today.
Decorate your Front Porch
First impressions are everything and your front porch is the perfect place to create a good one.
Bales of hay and pumpkins as well as corn stalks are easy-to-add arrangements that will take your outdoor area from summer to fall.
Here are a few extra ideas to consider:
- Add a wreath – Hanging a wreath on your front door is a space-saving and simple way to add a pop of fall to your front porch.
- Symmetry – What you do on one side, replicate on the other. This design formula is easy to implement and will bring balance to the space.
- Dress the door – Framing your front door with garland is another space-saving and unique way to add fall flair. What’s better is if you purchase a plain, oversized garland, you can keep it up throughout the holidays and swap out the added accessories to match the season.
Add New Accents to Your Outdoor Area
In a previous blog, we shared some tips on how to bring your patio to life this summer. Now, we’re adding to that with some ideas to infuse touches of fall.
- Pillows – Swap your light and summery pillows for more seasonal and warm colors like reds and oranges to create a cozy feel.
- Plants – Lush greenery paired with colorful mums will help add an element of fall to your outdoor area.
- Table setting – Dress your outdoor dining table with a plaid tablecloth and arrange a tablescape with mini pumpkins of all colors, lanterns, and additional glowing candles to create a fall inspired table setting.
There’s something about the fall sunlight that creates a blanket of warmth that envelops every room it pours into.
We’ve talked about it before, but natural light can make any space feel bigger. If you want to play to the fall decor, consider adding a distressed or antique mirror opposite your window to reflect the light throughout the room.
And, as the sun sets earlier in the fall and winter months, and darkness falls, add a level of privacy in your home by simply adjusting the louvers on your custom wood shutters.
Upgrade your Tablescape
This season creates a blank canvas to creatively build a tablescape you and your guests will be impressed with. Fall lends itself to deep, rich colors that are offset by pops of earth tones. The juxtaposition of dark and light creates a beautiful balance. Speaking of balance, when creating a tablescape you want to find a singular piece that’ll act as your focal point.
For a fall tablescape, in particular, maybe it’s a tall glass vase that’s filled with sprigs of purple fountain grass that’s flanked with decorations of graduating height. Consider adding candlesticks and overlaying a beautiful garland of greenery to bring the earthiness of your display to life.
With fall underway, we encourage you to take these ideas in stride and add your personal stamp of creativity to create unique decor both inside and outside.