Custom vinyl or poly shutters are typically used for windows with direct contact with water or in rooms with high humidity. Vinyl and Poly shutters can withstand high moisture much longer than wood shutters without warping or peeling paint. In this article, you learn how to choose the right custom vinyl or poly shutters for your home and the best company to install them.
Vinyl/Poly Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters are one of the most popular types of shutters, and they’re typically made of wood. However, shutters made from vinyl and other synthetic materials, like poly are becoming increasingly popular because they’re cheaper than wood.
Shutter manufacturers can extrude vinyl or poly with a color dye. Doing so allows them to produce vinyl plantation shutters with different shades of white without needing to paint.
Even so, these custom vinyl or poly shutters can be painted to create a finish that’s hard to differentiate from wood plantation shutters. Manufacturers can also combine the vinyl with other materials to create a hybrid shutters that may not be lightweight but a good option for your home.
Choosing the Right Custom Vinyl or Poly Shutters for Your Home
If you’re considering installing interior window shutters, you may be wondering whether to use wood or vinyl/poly shutters. Keep in mind the following benefits of custom vinyl/poly shutters.
- Cheaper. Vinyl/poly shutters let you enjoy the aesthetic and functional benefits of shutters for a smaller budget than wood shutters.
- No Maintenance. Vinyl is also easy to clean and doesn’t need to be repainted.
- Resistant to moisture. Unlike wood shutters, vinyl/poly shutters are not susceptible to rotting and warping when exposed to moisture for extended periods.
Therefore, vinyl/poly shutters are ideal for kitchens, bathrooms and other rooms with a lot of humidity. If you use wood shutters in these rooms, you need to clean the shutters often and assure that they are not exposed to moisture to keep them looking pristine.
Three main factors determine your choice of custom vinyl/poly shutters.
- Cost. The total cost of buying and installing custom vinyl/poly shutters includes the cost of the shutters and the installation services. These costs vary depending on the quality of the shutters and the company’s skills and expertise.
- Size. The size and layout of your windows determine the size of the vinyl shutters you need to get.
- Aesthetics. The design and color of the custom vinyl shutters you choose should fit well into your home’s décor.
Choosing the Right Vinyl/Poly Shutters Company
Purchasing custom vinyl/poly shutters from a reputable, reliable company and having them install them for you ensure you get affordable and lasting shutters for your home. Search prospective shutter companies online and ask for recommendations from people you trust, including friends and family members.
Research the companies you find online by reading customer reviews and testimonials. Visit and explore the shutter companies’ websites. Alternatively, you can visit their showrooms, where they may have demos of their vinyl/poly shutters. Contact the companies and request an in-home consultation and quote.
Durable Vinyl/Poly Shutters With Many Color Options
Avalon Shutters is a California-based shutter company providing high-quality handcrafted windows and door shutters for homes. Contact us today to get custom poly shutters that match your home’s décor.